Blueberry streusel muffins made with farm picked blueberries from yesterday. Soft, fluffy, moist and delicious..the streusel adds a nice crunch on top. Do give it a try..its really yum! 😋
For the streusel topping
- Granulated sugar or light brown sugar – 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
Unsalted butter – 2.5 tbsp, room temperature
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Walnuts – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
All purpose flour – 1.5 tbsp
Salt – 1 pinch
For the muffins
- All purpose flour – 2 cups (Use 2 tbsp flour to toss blueberries (step 2))
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Vanilla extract – 1.5 tsp
- Buttermilk – 3/4 cup (Or 3/4 cup milk + 3/4 tbsp vinegar)
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or butter or spray with a non stick spray.
- Toss 1 cup blue berries with 2 tbsp all purpose flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients – all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk granulated sugar and eggs until pale. Add oil and vanilla extract. Whisk again. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk and whisk just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. Do not over-mix the batter. Over-mixing will yield rubbery muffins. Finally add the blueberries (reserve 2 tbsp blueberries to add on top) and mix just until combined. Fill 3/4 th of the prepared muffin tins with the batter. Top with 1 – 2 tsp streusel mixture. Add a few blueberries on top. Bake about 20 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. It tastes super-yum..do give it a try!