Kaya (Raw Banana) Mulakooshyam

1. ഇതിനു കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി 10 star rating കൊടുക്കും. ഈ സംഭവം മായ കൊണ്ട് തന്നപ്പോള്‍ മുതല്‍ അത് വടിച്ചു തീര്‍ക്കുന്ന വരെ കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി ചോറുണ്ടു. 😉

2. Adipoli..ente amma undakarund, almost similar recipe anu, Nalla clicks tto Maya…

3. Umm Mymoonah says:

Looks mouthwatering, something similar to puli kulambu or theeyal I guess. Very tempting clicks

super…i have never had it before…must try it out soon.. nice clicks too…waiting for ur other recipe too.

Beautiful clicks..Looks so perfect and awesome…very healthy dish too.

6. Satrupa says:

Beautiful clicks ……… mouthwatering recipe 🙂

7. Priti says:

Looks so yum …umm drooling over it

8. Jennifurla says:

Love the last picture, the consistency looks so nice.

9. Wow Maya, adipoli ayitunudu,my mother always makes this..kothiyavunnu

10. Swathi says:

Kaya mulakooshyam adipoli, choru koodi kittiyal mathi.

kidilan..nja ithu vare ithu undakkeettilla…maybe beacuse I’m from central Travancore..Got to try sometimes 🙂

Looks delicious curry.

13. Jincy says:

This is new for me. Thanks for the adipoli recipe..

14. ummm….vaayayil vallam vannu….kothupichu…super

15. haay moloshyam..marannupoya oru recipe..thamasaiyathe njanum undakkunnundu…evide vannathinushesham njan ithuvare undakkittilla…

16. new recipe but look so delicious. In our side we dont add Puli while making mulakoshyam ..Good one !!

looks so yum.. i want to grab the plate.. 🙂

US Masala

18. Vidhya says:

Never had this before.Looks so delicious.

19. BeenaShylesh says:

hai dear……iam expecting my baby within 1 week thts y not bloging to much..i missed many of my blogger friends recipe….nice kaya curry,also mushroom

20. Lookd yum, perfect for rice

21. wow, that looks so tempting, seriously. I can simply have that thali with rice and curry, amazing.

Is the coconut oil to put after all is done.
    Do we need to cook the onion masala and dry powders with the water that comes out of the mixtures?Pl reply

The coconut oil needs to be added after everything is done (that is when the curry is fully cooked and the gravy is thick).

We need to cook the onion masala and dry powder mixture until the water that comes out of the mixture completely evaporates. It wouldnt take more than 2-3 minutes for the mixture to get dry. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Yey it came awesome!Bless u for that.
    So here u need to cook all without oil n then only add C oil at end?I did that for some time and then when didnt see water coming out,i added little oil.Girl my curry was just awesome.This is so tasty.It took me like 15-20 mins only

Thank you so much for your feedback and yes, for this dish, you need to add coconut oil only at the end. Thanks again for trying 🙂

26. This comment has been removed by the author.

can v add the onion, pepper corns n garlic without grinding it? will it taste the same?

The taste won’t be same if you do not grind them coarsely.

29. Vidya says:

Hi, maya.. I tried kaya mulakooshyam.. It came out well, looks exactly like the picture..
    Of course your mom is a kitchen queen…
    Thanks for the recipe..

30. Sreeja says:

I have gone thru many cooking sites…..but ur site is quiet different ..looks interesting…I got my spl fav ammas currys from ur site…pure Kerala recipes …..thanks……

31. Meena says:

I tried the recipe today. Was simple to make. Instructions are well written. But the end result
    Had raw onion taste to it. What did I do wrong here. Also the amount of puli wasnt enough.

• Maya Akhil says:

You can add more kudampuli, if the puli isnt enough. If you saute the ground onion mixture well, you wont have the raw onion taste. Also saute it immediately after grinding, otherwise onion will taste bitter.

32. Shyne Raju M says:

do we need to pour the puli water or discard it?

This recipe turned out really bad. I followed it step by step. Turned out to be really bitter/pungent from the shallots. Was barely edible!