Paneer Tikka Rolls
1. Paneer – 1.5 cups, cut into 1.5 – 2 inch pieces
2. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp, crushed
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Yoghurt – 1.5 tbsp
Salt – To taste
Marinate the paneer pieces with all the ingredients numbered 2 for at least 30 minutes.
3. Chapathis – 4 ( I used small whole wheat tortillas)
4. Green and red bell pepper – 1/2 cup each
Salt – To taste
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
5. Green chutney – 1/4 – 1/2 cup ( Recipe below)
6. Onion and tomato sliced – 1/4 cup each
7. Oil – 1.5 tbsp
1. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add the marinated paneer pieces and fry until golden brown on both sides (you can grill them instead). Transfer to a plate. In the same pan, saute the green and red bell peppers at medium-heat heat, adding little oil if required. Season with salt and pepper powder. Switch off when they are cooked but still crunchy.
2. To assemble
Arrange 3-4 pieces of fried paneer and bell peppers on a chapathi / tortilla, top with 2 – 3 tsp green chutney and some sliced onions and tomatoes. Roll the chapathi and secure wrap with a toothpick. Alternately wrap the lower part of the rolls in a paper napkin, butter paper or aluminium foil.
For the Green chutney
Grind a handful each of cilantro and mint leaves, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 inch ginger, 1 seeded green chilly, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1.5 tbsp yoghurt and enough salt. Grind to a fine paste.
To make paneer tikka kathi rolls – Pour 2 tbsp beaten egg on each chapathi and flip to cook the egg. Top with paneer and the other toppings. Wrap and enjoy!