We had our Kerala association’s (KAW) onam celebration on 18th and I (Maya) had participated in a fashion show. These are the videos of the show and the slide show of the event & off-stage pictures that my hubby took. I am the 6th one at 5 minutes 20 sec (wearing the black costume and a silver band on forehead) in the Western, Lady Gaga song. Hope you enjoy them :).
Chicken Thoran Recipe
- Chicken – 350 gm
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red onion – 1 large, thinly sliced and chopped (Using pearl onions will be more tasty. You can use around 15 pearl onions)
- Green chillies – 6 -7, chopped fine
- Ginger – 1.5 tbsp, chopped fine
- Garlic – 1 tbsp, chopped fine
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 pinch
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Mustards – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
1. Clean and cut the chicken to small pieces.
2. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan and cook the chicken in enough salt until they are done stirring occasionally. It will take around 15 mts. There is no need to add water since water will ooze out from the chicken. Shred the chicken pieces with your hands when they cool down.
3. Heat some more oil in the same pan and splutter mustards. Then add the chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes at medium heat. Then add the sliced onion. Stir-fry until they turn transparent. Add the grated coconut, turmeric powder, chilly powder , pepper powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and a few curry leaves. Stir for a few seconds and add the shredded chicken , garam masala and mix well. Stir fry for a few minutes. You can add a tsp of coconut oil for an extra taste. Switch off. Serve hot with rice.
wow…you look awesome dear …Fantastic outfit..
Recipe sounds fab..gonna try this..
u look great..reminds me of college days 🙂
Chicken thoran sounds like an awesome idea
Fabulous outfit..Chicken thoran looks irresistible and yummy..
Loved the magnificent fashion show…you look beautiful and gorgeous…..recipe looks too tempting…
Wow Maya..you looks awesome in the black outfit..seems you all had a great time and fun.
Chicken thoran adipoli..love it.
U look great!! Chicken thoran looks fabulous.
Beautiful Outfit…chicken thoran is very very tempting….
Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com
Maya you look so glamourous !! Gurl you rock.
Chicken thoran looks yummy.
Cheers n Happy Cooking,
wow…Fantatstic outfit and Maya dear you rocked…Bomblastic fashion show ..Serikum college days orma varunu…
Pinne chicken thoran kidilan tto…adipoli presentation….
Wow nice outfit and you look great dear 🙂 This chicken dish is new to me…looks very tasty, I have to make this soon 🙂
Great show da..
Chicken thoran.. My mom used to prepare this with left over chicken.. Love it..
Nice videos,loved seeing it….and chicken thoran looks delicious..
Thoran with chicken that sounds new to me
The chicken thoran looks so yum dear..Pass me a bowl please..Lovely pic….Do drop by my blog!!
U luk gorgeous and the outfit was super…
about the recipe i cant say a lozz as i m a veggie 🙂
Nice videos 🙂
u r rocking!!!!!!!!!!! & ur recipe also…………
Wow you look gorgeous or should I say pretty in black. the catwalk you did was perfect and enjoyed the video,
this chicken thoran idea is very creative.
Wow!!! wo!! wow!!!! Adipoli ayittundu kto….loved ur costume…looking gorgeous..
you are looking BEAUTIFUL!!..love the dress n the walk both 🙂
Thoran looks great!
you look pretty…and the dress is gorgeous!
chicken thoran looks soooo tempting!
Chicken thoran.. My mom used to prepare this with left over chicken.. it is especially lovely when you have it with kotthuu paratha
ohhhh wowwwwww……..!!!!!!!!!! u looks so beautiful in that costume!
Delicious! I love the yellow rice.
U looks geogeous manju…enjoyed watching the video!! pinee chicken thoran Yummy!!! I do something similar too. Though, I must admit,I haven’t made it for a while now,you’ve just given me the inspiration 🙂
I have already told how I loved the show..:-) Awesome !
chicken thoran adipoli aayittundu..Never made chicken like this
Beautiful show and you look lovely! Enjoyed watching it 🙂
Chicken thoran sounds great!
good recipe,but when 2 add red onion?
Thank You all for your lovely comments 🙂
Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I have updated it 🙂
Who were the dress designers ..awesome work.
Today only I got to see the video,
U look fab