Ingredients (Serves 2)
1. Jasmine rice, uncooked – 1 cup (Makes about 2 – 2.5 cups of cooked rice)
2. Oil – 1 + 1 tbsp
3. Cashews – 8 – 10
4. Egg – 1
5. Garlic – 3 cloves
Thai green chilies – 3
6. Chicken breast – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
7. Fish sauce – 1 tbsp
Oyster sauce – 2 – 3 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 – 3/4 tsp or to taste
8. Onion – 1/4 – 1/2 cup , cut into thick slices
Bell pepper, green and orange/red – 1/2 cup
9. Soy sauce – 1 tsp (Use black/dark soy sauce for dark-colored fried rice)
10. Thai sweet basil leaves, loosely packed – 1 – 1.5 cups, torn or coarsely chopped
11. Pineapple – 1/4 cup, cut into small cubes
12. Salt – If required
13. Cilantro – 2 – 3 sprigs , to garnish
Cucumber – 1/2 cup, to garnish
Lemon wedges – to garnish
1) To cook rice – Heat 1.5 cups of water in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil adding a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp oil. Add washed jasmine rice. Mix well. Bring to medium-low heat. Cover and cook until done, about 13 – 15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Set aside to cool completely. This makes about 2 – 2.5 cups of cooked rice)
2) Roughly chop garlic and green chilies. Crush them in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
3) Heat 1 tsp in a wok/ pan. Add cashews and fry until golden. Drain and set aside. To the remaining oil, break an egg and scramble adding a pinch of salt. Remove and set aside.
4) To the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil at medium heat . Add crushed garlic and green chilies. Sauté for a few seconds. Add chicken pieces and mix well. Next add fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until chicken is almost cooked. Now add sliced onion and bell peppers. Stir fry at medium-high heat for a minute. Add cooked jasmine rice and mix well. Add 1 tsp soy sauce and mix well. Taste-check for salt. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add basil leaves and pineapple cubes. Stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Stir in the fried cashews and scrambled egg. Cook for a minute. Switch off. Garnish with cucumber slices, lemon/lime wedges and cilantro. This delicious, flavorful Thai fried rice tastes best after 5 – 10 minutes.
wonderful!! my kids wud defenitely love it!!
Ongoing Event-Back 2 School
I can only drool by looking at this wonderful looking chicken preparation. Excellent preparation.
Highly flavourful and droolworthy fried rice, just inviting…
looks simply yummy and mouthwatering.
What is the brand of fish and oyster sauce ?
I used “A Taste Of Thai” fish sauce and Sun Luck Cantonese Oyster Flavored Sauce
I am a sucker for Thai food and this is the best Thai fried recipe I have ever made.Made veg and non veg versions both :)Thanks .
You’re welcome! Great to know that you enjoyed this dish..thanks a bunch for sharing your feedback here..
came out fab. 🙂
You’re welcome! 🙂