Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Medium or large prawns – 20
2. Corn starch – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 – 2 pinches
3. Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
4. Vegetables – 1.5 – 2 cups, cut into thick slices ( I used onion, red bell pepper, zucchini and spring onion. You can use any of your favorite vegetables.)
5. Salt and pepper – To season
6. Lemon slices – 3, quartered
For the black pepper sauce
6. Oil – 2 tsp
7. Minced garlic – 2 tsp
Minced ginger – 1/2 tsp
8. Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Corn starch – 1.5 tsp dissolved in 1/2 cup water
Brown sugar – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
9. Lemon juice – 1 tsp
10. Coarse ground black pepper – 1.5 tsp
1. To prepare sauce – Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan at medium heat. Add minced garlic and ginger. Stir for about 10 – 15 seconds (do not brown them). Next add soy sauce. Mix well and add corn starch in water, brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper powder. Stir for 1 – 2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
2. Clean and wash the prawns. Pat dry with a few paper towels. Add corn starch and 1- 2 pinches of salt. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the prawns on both sides until golden and crisp. Drain on to a paper towel. In the remaining oil, add the sliced vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are 3/4th done and are crunchy. Transfer to a serving plate.
4. In the same pan, add the quartered lemon slices. Stir for a few seconds and add the fried prawns. Pour the prepared black pepper sauce over the top and mix well. Taste-check for salt. Stir for a minute until the prawns are coated well with the sauce. Switch off. Top the stir-fried vegetables with this prepared prawns, garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.
Looks yummy,the recipe is so nice,will try
Great recipe…came out real well