Ingredients (Serves 5 – 6)
- White chana – 1 cup (Soak white chana in enough water overnight and pressure-cook for 1- 2 whistles or until soft and done. Drain excess water and set aside to cool.)
- Potato – 1 small, boiled, cooled and cut into very small cubes
- Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium-small, seeds and pulp removed and finely chopped
- Roasted chilly and cumin powder – Around 1/2 tsp(Recipe below)
- Chat masala powder – Around 1/4 – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Kala namak / black salt – To taste
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
Combine all the above ingredients and mix well. Serve after 15 minutes. Enjoy!
For roasted cumin and chilly powder
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dried red chilly – 1
Roast dried red chilly until crisp. Add cumin seeds and roast for a minute at low heat stirring continuously. Switch off. Set aside to cool. Grind to a coarse powder and transfer to an air-tight container.
Recipe Courtesy – Zahera Ummat