I have been getting many requests for kids recipes lately. This pasta recipe here is sure to appease any kids tummy! I am sure the adults would also like this even though it is a bit on the heavy side with many rich and creamy ingredients. It is ok to cheat your diet at times!
Chicken Alfredo pasta is soooo very tasty that you just won’t be able to stop taste-checking it ! The butter, cheese and cream trio will simply melt in your mouth taking you to another world of pure joy. What else should I say? 🙂
My US friends can now stop buying the Alfredo sauce from the store, and try this instead. The sauce is very easy to make and the whole dish wouldn’t take more than 30 minutes of your time. I simply stopped counting how many times I have made this dish..its a hit every time I make it! I am posting the recipe in which I used chicken, but you can use shrimp instead. I will be posting the vegetarian version also soon. Indulge… people… indulge into this creamy yummilicious pasta. Don’t forget to tell me your experience after cooking this for your family. I am sure they would love it!
Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4)
1. Pasta – 8 oz /1/2 pound or around 2.5 – 3 cups (You can use any pasta you prefer)
2. Boneless chicken breast tenders/thighs – Around 150 – 200 gm
3. Olive oil – 1 tbsp
4.Salt and pepper – As required
5.Butter – 2.5 tbsp
6. Garlic – 2 medium cloves, minced
7. Heavy cream – 1 cup
Onion powder – 1 – 2 pinches
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
8.Salt and pepper – To taste
9. Parsley – 1 – 2 tbsp., finely chopped (optional, to garnish)
10.Parmesan cheese – 1 tbsp grated (to garnish)
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a wide non-stick pan at medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and a pinch of pepper and cook for 6 – 7 minutes until done. Transfer to a plate. Cut into bite-sized pieces when warm.
2. In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for a minute (do not brown). Add heavy cream, pinch of onion powder, garlic powder and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Cook over low heat for 7 – 8 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened. Taste-check for salt. Add the cooked chicken pieces and mix well.
3. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package instructions adding salt and 1 tsp olive oil, till al dente. Drain the pasta and add to the thickened sauce. Add a pinch of fresh ground pepper and mix well. Cook for a minute over low heat. Switch off. Sprinkle parsley (optional), 1 tbsp parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
To reheat left-over alfredo pasta, add 2 – 3 tbsp milk to the pasta and stir until it turns creamy. Serve immediately.
Chicken can be replaced with shrimp. Here is shrimp alfredo pasta.