1. Pasta – 2.5 cups
2. Olive oil – 1.5 tbsp
3. Chicken – 200 gm, cut into bite-sized pieces
Garlic powder – 1/8 tsp
Onion powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt and pepper – To taste
4. Garlic – 2 medium cloves, minced
Onion – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
5. Mushroom – 3/4 cup, sliced
Green and orange/red bell pepper – 1/2 cup each
6. Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
Chicken / vegetable stock – 1/3 cup
7. Basil pesto (homemade or store-bought) – 2 tbsp
8. Sun-dried tomatoes – 4 – 5, sliced
9. Salt and pepper – To taste
10. Parmesan cheese – 2 – 3 tbsp, grated
Parsley, chopped – 2 – 3 tbsp, to garnish
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions adding salt till al dente.
2. Heat oil in a pan at medium-high heat. Add in the chicken pieces, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Mix well and cook for 5 – 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken pieces are done. Transfer to a plate.
3. In the remaining oil, add onion and minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes and then add sliced mushroom. Saute for a minute or two and then add the green and orange bell pepper. Cook for a minute. Bring down the heat to medium-low. Add heavy cream, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes. Add basil pesto. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cooked chicken and mix well.
3. When the pasta is done (I cook an additional minute or two as I like tender pasta), drain and add to the prepared sauce. Mix well and switch off. Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese, parsley and serve immediately.
very rich and delicious pasta …
Pasta looks really yummy Maya….hope the veg version with paneer/tofu will also be of awesome taste.
My son loved it too much when I tried your recipe. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe
You’re welcome! 🙂