There are sooooo many desserts that makes use of mangoes. But I know most of you must be looking for easy yummy recipes 🙂 Now, if you feel you had enough of sliced mangoes or fresh mango smoothies then it’s time to give this a try! Since mangoes are in season, we have been buying loads of them from Costco. Mango Panna cotta is one easy peasy dessert, which is an absolute pleasure to eat! Impress your guests with this colorful dessert… and do make plenty. People will go for second or third helpings for sure 😀
Ingredients for Vanilla Panna cotta
1. Whipping cream – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
2. Vanilla extract – 1.5 tsp
3. Cold milk – 1/4 cup
Unflavored gelatin – 1 envelope (Around 2 1/4 tsp)
Ingredients for the Mango Gelee (A gelee is a jelly like dish made with fruit puree and set with a gelling agent like gelatin or agar agar. Mango gelee recipe – Adapted from here)
1. Fresh mangoes – 2 (If you’re using store-bought mango pulp, use around 1.5 cup)
2. Sugar – 2 – 3 tbsp or to taste
3. Gelatin – 1.5 tsp
Cold water – 2 tbsp
Method (For Vanilla Panna cotta)
1. Pour 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over it. Set aside for 5 – 10 minutes.
2. Simmer whipping cream and sugar over medium heat while stirring continuously until sugar dissolves and mixture is hot ( do not boil). Remove from heat. Add the gelatin mixture. Stir well until gelatin completely dissolves. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Strain using a fine strainer into a bowl. Pour into 4 – 5 desired cups/moulds. Cool to room temperature. Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or until set.
Method (For Mango Gelee)
1.Sprinkle 1.5 tsp gelatin over 2 tbsp cold water.
2. Peel and roughly chop the mango flesh. Grind it in the large jar of a mixie adding 1/4 – 1/2 cup water. Transfer it to a sauce pan and add 3 tbsp sugar. Simmer until the sugar dissolves completely and the mango mixture is just hot (do not boil). Add the gelatin mixture to this and stir well until gelatin completely dissolves. Strain the mixture (optional) and allow to cool completely. Pour 4 – 5 tbsp mango gelee on top of the set vanilla panna cotta. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or until set. Garnish with chopped mango. Serve chilled.