Seafood pasta in a creamy tomato sauce
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Pasta (spaghetti, linguine or fettucine) – 8 oz
2. Mixed seafood or medium-sized prawns / squid – 250 gm
3. Butter / olive oil – 1 tbsp
4. Cherry tomatoes / quartered pearl tomatoes– 3/4 cup, halved
Spring onion / red onion – 3 tbsp, chopped
Crushed chilly flakes – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
Salt and pepper – To season
White wine/ prawn/ fish stock – 2 tbsp (optional)
5. Fresh cream / heavy cream – 2 – 3 tbsp
6. Fresh italian parsley – 2 – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
7. Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan at medium heat. Add the mixed seafood and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for two minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. In the same pan, add cherry tomatoes, spring onion, crushed chilly flakes, garlic, white wine, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until tomatoes turns soft. Add the mixed seafood, fresh cream and cook for a minute or two at low heat.
3. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente (tender but firm to the bite). Drain and add it to the seafood sauce. Toss well. Sprinkle chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well and serve immediately.