Palada Pradhaman – 50th post
Yahoooooo……!! Don’t think this is an ad for yahoo…just sharing our excitement! We have made it to our 50th post. We started our blog with great apprehension, not sure how far we would go as both of us didn’t have any idea about blogging. So this is indeed a great accomplishment for both of us. A big thank you to all of you out there for encouraging us all this way! We are grateful to our friends and family, who shared their ideas and favorite recipes which helped us immensely when we came up with this blog. It would be unforgivable if we didn’t thank our husbands, without their push we would not have taken this initiative for blogging! Looking forward to post more wonderful recipes and receiving whole lot of encouragement from you………….Getting sentimental now!
To celebrate our 50th post, we are sharing with you the recipe for a yummy palada pradhaman. Sadly, the pictures couldn’t capture the real taste or flavor of pradhaman. But we could vouch for this wonderful payasam.
1. Rice ada – 200 gm
2. Milk – 2 litres
3. Sugar – Around 400 gm or to taste
4. Cardamom crushed – 8- 10( You can replace it with 1/2 – 3/4 tsp cardamom powder)
5. Ghee – 2 tsp
6. Cashews and raisins – 2 tbsp each
1.Wash ada in cold water and drain.
2. Pour ½ litre boiled water on the ada and keep it covered for around 20 – 25 mts. Drain the water completely.
3. Boil the milk with half litre of water and then add ada. Cook in low flame and keep stirring all the time until the ada becomes soft. Do try stirring the pradhaman in the same direction all the time.
4. Add the sugar and crushed cardamom. Mix well and stir for a few more minutes.
5. Fry the cashews and raisins in ghee. Pour ghee along with the fried items over the curry. Your palada is ready. Switch off. Enjoy!!