Chicken Pulav

Mouthwatering chicken pulao, looks absolutely irresistible..

2. Hi,

Yummy chicken pulao…beautiful presentation…:)

Dr.Sameena@

3. yummy delicious pulao..

4. yummy, wish i could have it …

kothi varunnu…i have 2 give this a shot soon

6. vineetha says:

Adipoli presentation…Kanditu vishakunu.Have a nice trip to Dubai.

7. That looks absolutely yummy and love the bowl and presentation Maya…

8. Great pics and a lovely recipe !!

9. that looks adipoli…nice presentation…

Delicious pulao..love the cute tomato flower 🙂

US Masala

11. Satya says:

pulao looks so delicious …i am hungry now ..mmm
    Satya

12. Nice one dear..kothiyavunnu,so yummy

13. Pushpa says:

Beautiful presentation….my mouth is watering looking at this dish..spectacular chicky rice..

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

14. deepti says:

wow…thats so tempting…Never tried this way …sounds pretty easy

15. Jaisy James says:

pulav adipoli ayittundu ketto kanditttu kazhikkan tonnunnu

16. This looks so delicious!

thank u so much…..am waiting 4 this recipe.

18. Nice decoration.Pulav looks sooo delicious!

19. I’ve shared an award with u..plz collect it from my blog

aaha… this one is interesting.. especially for someone who loves only “named” rice into the lunch box.. orappayittum try cheyyumallo..

21. Sarah Naveen says:

My Fav..looks so perfect and yummy!!

Hi,
    I tried this out and it was really good !! On another note the pressure cooker method didnt work for me , when i opened the pressure cooker there was still water in it so had to transfer to another vessel and cook till done. Dont know where i went wrong coz i followed your instructions properly !!

Also you havent mentioned where you add the ginger garlic paste n green chillies..i figured it out, but you might want to update in the recipe !!

Cheers
    Kelly

Thanks a lot for your feed back, Kelly. I have updated the recipe. I really have no idea why the pressure cooker method didn’t work for you. It has always worked for me. Two of my friends have also tried this chicken pulav and vegetable biriyani using the pressure cooker method, with successful outcome. Did you put the pressure cooker weight, when the steam started coming out continuously through the vent? After the steam is released, you can let it stand for an additional 5 minutes before opening it. I use a 5 litre pressure cooker for cooking rice. Which pressure cooker did you use? I don’t know whether the model / capacity of the pressure cooker has something to do with this method of cooking. Will surely do a thorough research and update this method.

My friend shared another method for cooking rice in a pressure cooker. You can try it next time if you wish. Cook the rice in the pressure cooker for 1 whistle at high heat. Now bring down the heat to medium-low and cook for 3 minutes. Switch off and wait for five minutes. If the pressure is not released yet, hold the pressure cooker under a stream of cold running water and then open it. The rice will be perfectly cooked. Do let me know if you try this method. Thanks again, Kelly..

Hi,
    Thanks for the prompt reply.. my pressure cooker is a hawkins, 5L. Yeah i put the weight on when the steam started coming through the vent and immediately switched off the stove and let it stay like that till the steam went out.

Will try the other method you suggested next time i make this. Will let you know how it comes out.

Thanks
    Kelly

Good Luck, Kelly..Waiting for your feedback 🙂

26. Neethu Jacob says:

Gr8 recipe… very tasty!

27. Made this today and my hubby and I loved it!!

Dr Sumi,

Thanks a lot for your feed back..Really happy to know that you loved it 🙂

29. Margarita says:

This is super yummy receipy and I’m gonna make it for the third time today, thank you for it!!!