The world’s most beautiful women, Cleopatra of Egypt and Yang Guifei of China loved to eat okra according to the history record 🙂 Okra is low in calories at about 25 for 1/2 cup sliced cooked okra. It is also a good source of vitamins A and C and valuable nutrients such as folic acids, iron, fiber and calcium. Click here to read more health benefits of okra.
1. Okra – 15 – 20 cut into halves
2. Chili powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
3. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
4. Coriander powder – 1-1.5 tsp
5. Cumin powder – A pinch
6. Garam masala powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
7. Salt – To taste
8. Oil – 2 – 3 tsp
1. Heat about 2 – 3 tsp oil in a cheena chatti or any deep pan. Add the okra and little salt. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Remove the lid and stir-fry for a few minutes at medium heat. Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Continue stir-frying. Sprinkle little water if it is too dry.
2. When the okra is cooked, add garam masala powder and a pinch of cumin powder. Check for salt. Stir-fry for one more minute and switch off. Serve hot with chapatis / rice.