Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Dried green peas – 3/4 cup
Carrot – 1 medium, diced
Green chillies – 3
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – A few
Salt – To taste
2. Onion – 1/2 medium, thinly sliced
3. Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 – 3/4 tsp
4. Mustard seeds – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
Dry red chilly – 1
5. Salt – To taste
6. Oil – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
1. Soak the dried green peas in enough water for at least 6 – 8 hrs. Cook the green peas along with carrot, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt adding around 1 – 1.5 cup water. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan. Splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chilly. Add sliced onion and saute until they change color to light golden. Add the masala powders. Saute until their raw smell is gone. Now add the cooked green peas along with the gravy. Boil for a few minutes. Switch off. It goes really well with idiyappam, appam and chapatis.
loved the pairing with idiyappam- good looking dish !
Wow, a delicious dish and loved the click.
Wow looks nice.. will definitely try this out..
what cup measurement are you using??.. Approx how many gms would this be..
wat a fantastic recipe..thanks dear for sharing..;)
wow..looks divine dear…
Easy & so delicious!!!!
Delicious and lovely looking peas masala. Lovely preparation.
Yummy yummy perfect with rotis
peas curry looks delicious!!
Love this peas masala with anything, delicious and my fav masala..
Seriously am drooling over that delicious peas curry,simply mouthwatering here..
Peas masala looks so wonderful and delicious !!
ente all time fav aanu green peas.. njanum ennu ethu thanne aanu post cheythe..
Beautiful pics, gorgeous presentation n a great recipe ~ the last pic is truly inviting 😀
Thank You All 🙂
This would be about 150 – 200 gms. I use a 237 ml (8 oz) cup for measurement.
Nithayude peas curry kandu kothy okke oruvidham adaki vannapol dha evide veendum kothypikan ayte nalla stylu green peas masala, i am going to give this a try soon to..
That does look easy peasy and delicious as well 🙂
hooo njan yippol nithayuda peas curry kandittu vannatha ullu..entha randallum planningyil chythatha…………adipolli ayittundeu keto
Peas masala with Nool Appam.. need to try this too…
Yummy team can u give a easy way to do nool appam too.. also let me know pl the bran of the rice powder u use for the same.. pl
We have posted the recipe for noolappam here. I usually use nirapara or double horse brand.
I made this last night for dinner… It came out really good !!
Thanks a lot for trying this recipe. Glad to know that it came out good 🙂