- Unakka Meen/dried fish – 250 gm / Around 10 medium pieces
- Dried red chilies – 10 (You can use 1.5 – 2 tsp chili flakes instead)
- Pearl onions – 10 – 15, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – If required
- Coconut oil – As required for frying the fish
1. Soak the dried fish for 15 – 20 mts. Pat dry and keep aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add the dried red chilies and fry them until crisp. Drain on to a paper towel and set aside. Shallow fry the dried fish and drain on to a paper towel. Crush the fried fish pieces along with dry red chilies in a mortar and pestle.
3. To the same pan, add crushed pearl onion, 1 pinch salt and curry leaves. Saute them for 1 – 2 mts or until the raw smell of pearl onion is gone. Now add the crushed dried red chili and fish pieces and mix everything well. Taste-check for salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes at low heat. Switch off. Serve with rice/kanji.
Unakkameen / dried fish can be replaced with unakka chemmeen / dried prawns.
kandittu kothi vannittu vayya………..
Super aayittundu…lovely presentation too..
this looks so damn yummeee
Woww soo tempting..
Omg, mouthwatering here..wat a fabulous dish..
This looks so good ….very nice
This is the ultimate…it cannot be good more than this..perfect dish..my fav…always…now where is my rice??
i am drooling here…..slurp slurp…
I add coconut too at times.
my favorite! unfortunately here we dont get dry fish.Photos adipoli!
My fav dish…looks perfect dear..
Thanks for reminding me about this recipe…but sad part is that we don’t get dried fish here 🙁
Looks very tempting
Perfect unnakameen chathachathu..yummmmmmmy!!
First time here, you have a adipoli space 🙂
ViSit my space when time permits
slurppppppppp…nothing can beat this combo with rice.. woww..snap is too tempting 🙂
Sounds new to me…looks very tempting too
So nicely presented…Has that rustic appeal :))
ridiculously good…inviting clicks..
Unique recipe,sounds delicious..nalla presentation,love it
looks real yummmmy…:P
Sounds like a fish lovers delight.Beautiful click and presentation.
hmmm something which my wife very often make…
Love the way you have served it!! Have never liked dried fish much bcoz of the strong smell… but these pictures have me wanting to give it a try!! 🙂