Wishing you all a very Happy Easter!
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3 )
1. Prawns – 20 – 22
2. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – To taste
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Marinate prawns with the above ingredients numbered 2 for at least 15 minutes. Shallow fry in 2 tsp oil for 2 minutes on each side or until prawns are half-done.
3. Basmati rice – 1.5 cups
4. Oil – 1 tbsp
5. Whole spices – Cardamom – 2, whole pepper corns – 4, cinnamon stick – 1/2 inch, cloves – 5
6. Cashews – 2 tbsp
7. Onion – 1/2 medium, thinly sliced and halved
Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
Green chilly – 1, slit
8. Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
9. Mint leaves – 20 – 25 or 1/2 cup, chopped (Set aside 2 tbsp to garnish)
Cilantro – 2 – 3 tbsp, chopped
10. Hot water – 2 cups
11. Medium-thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
12. Salt To taste
1. Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes in enough water. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker (I used a 5 liter pressure cooker). Add whole spices and stir until fragrant. Add cashews and stir until golden. Next add sliced onion, ginger-garlic paste and slit green chilly. Saute until onion turns transparent and raw smell of ginger-garlic paste leaves. Add spice powders numbered 8. Saute until their raw smell leaves. Add chopped mint leaves and cilantro. Saute for a minute.
3. Add drained basmati rice. Mix well and stir everything for a minute. Add hot water and coconut milk. Mix well. Adjust salt. Add in the half-cooked prawns. Mix gently. Close the pressure-cooker with its lid. Cook at medium heat until steam starts coming out. Place the weight on top and bring down the heat to medium-low. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Switch off. Open the pressure-cooker when pressure releases or after 10 – 15 minutes. Biriyani will be perfectly done. Fluff rice with a fork, mix everything carefully and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped mint and cilantro. This can be eaten on its own or you can enjoy it with raita, pickle and pappad. Its very easy, yummy and can be done in less than 45 minutes!
Coconut milk imparts a nice flavor to this biriyani. Instead of 2 cups water and 1/2 cup medium coconut milk, you can add 2.5 cup thin coconut milk.
Simple and tasty rice.
“Announcing My First Giveaway”
Fast to cook and delicious to look at this prawn biriyani.
Hi, I’m Ana from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
from 1 to 10.
There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your voted recipes. Each recipe has a link to the blog which belongs the recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog.
It’s easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be here.
I invite you to enter, add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo.
You are able to see your stats:
-Number of visits to your blog from Fooduel.com.
-Number of votes received every day
-Number of votes received by each category
-Number of votes for each grade (1-10)
-Number of votes for each recipe.
Look this example of one profile stats: http://fooduel.com/stats1.png
We would love that you participate with some recipe.Look Amazing!
tried it and liked it…so easy and tasty
I made this delicious Prawn Biriyani in Pressure cooker, it was very yummy o yummy and tasty. I just added some fried raisins at the end. Thank you so much for this easy Biriyani. Its first time I ever made Biriyani. Your recipe tempted me to do this. I made raita also and I really really enjoyed it.
Thank you again!!
I tried it today. It’s really yummy and easy to cook. It children and husband liked it. Thanks
I tried it today. It’s really yummy and easy to cook. My children and husband liked it. Thanks
I made this today and it came out wonderful , my daughter claims this is the best biryani she has ever tasted !! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe
WOW!! So happy to hear this..Thanks a lot for letting me know your feedback! 🙂