Mushroom Capsicum Rice
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Basmati rice – 1 cup, washed and drained well
2. Butter / olive oil – 1 tbsp
3. Garlic – 2 – 3 cloves, minced
Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
4. Water / vegetable stock / chicken stock – 1 3/4 cup
5. Salt – To taste
6. Butter / olive oil – 2 tsp
7. Button mushroom – 6 large, thinly sliced
8. Capsicum – 1/2 medium, thinly sliced
9. Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Heat 1 tbsp butter/olive oil in a pressure cooker / any pan at medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Stir for a few minutes until onion is transparent. Add drained rice and stir for 1 – 2 minutes. Add water / vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Add salt, to taste. Cover with the lid. When steam starts coming out profusely, put the pressure cooker weight and bring down the heat to low. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Switch off. Open the cooker after 10 mts or when the pressure is released. Fluff ice with a fork and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp butter in a pan. Saute sliced mushroom for about 2 minutes. Add sliced capsicum and cook for about – 3 minutes until crunchy and cooked (do not over-cook). Add salt and pepper, to taste. Switch off and add this to the cooked rice. Mix well. Serve hot with any spicy curry.
Recipe Courtesy – Vanitha magazine