Here is the recipe for my son’s favorite sandwich .This tasty sandwich is sure to become a new family favorite..try it!
Ingredients (Makes 3 sandwiches)
1. Bread slices – 6 (I used whole grain bread)
2. Olive oil – For brushing the bread slices
3. Cheese slices – 3 (I used mozzarella cheese)
4.Tomato slices – 6
5. Salt and pepper – To season
6. Italian seasoning or dried oregano – 3 pinches
1. Trim the edges of the bread slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and toast on a skillet until light golden.
2. Lay a cheese slice on top of the bread slice. Top it with 2 tomato slices, 2- 3 tsp roughly chopped basil leaves (optional) and a tiny pinch of salt, pepper powder and Italian seasoning / oregano. (You can top it with another cheese slice,if you want.) Top with another bread slice. Place it on a skillet and press down with a spatula. When one side turns golden, flip to the other side. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until cheese melts and the other side also turns golden. Serve hot.