Pasta with vegetables and homemade marinara sauce – Kids’ Lunch idea 1
Hi All. Today I am starting a new category – Kids’ lunch recipes. Ever since I started the blog, I have been getting requests for kids’ recipes. Now that I am a mother, I understand the need for tasty, exciting and variety recipes to keep them happy. I will try to post easy sandwiches, rolls, pasta and variety rice that you can prepare in a jiffy. Lets get started with a healthy vegetable pasta with home-made marinara sauce which happens to be my picky son’s favorite too. You can use any veggies you prefer for this dish. For protein, you may add cooked white garbanzo beans or toasted nuts. This is very easy to prepare and tastes really yummy. I am sure that it will be a hit with kids and adults alike! Enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Rotini pasta / any pasta you prefer – 2.5 cups
2. Olive oil – 1.5 tbsp
3. Mushroom – 3/4 cup, sliced
Zucchini – 1/2 cup, cut into cubes
Broccoli – 3/4 cup, cut into small florets
Baby spinach – 1 cup
4. Cherry tomatoes – 1/4 cup,halved
5. Salt and pepper – As required to season
6. Marinara sauce – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
7. Parmesan cheese – 3 tbsp, grated
1.Cook pasta according to package instructions adding salt and 1/2 tsp olive oil until al dente.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add mushroom and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Next add zucchini and broccoli. Cook for a minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add baby spinach and mix well. When pasta is done, add it to the pan. Next add marinara sauce and mix well. Switch off. Top with cherry tomatoes and grated parmesan cheese. Mix well. Enjoy!