Vegetable Pasta Bake
Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1. Penne pasta – 3 cups
2. Marinara sauce, store-bought or homemade – 1 cup + 2 tbsp
3. Olive oil – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
4. Mushroom – 6 – 7, sliced
Red bell pepper – 1/2 cup, sliced
Zucchini – 1 medium, cut into medium chunks
Yellow squash – 1 medium, cut into medium chunks
Fresh green peas – 1/4 cup
Fresh basil leaves – 1/4 cup, cut into long this strips (chiffonade)
5. Salt and pepper – To taste
6. Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
Mozzarella cheese – 1/4 cup + 1/4 – 1/2 cup
7. Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan. Saute mushroom for a minute. Next add red bell pepper, a pinch of salt and saute for a minute. Transfer to a plate. Heat 2 tsp oil in the same pan. Add zucchini, yellow squash and a pinch of salt. Saute for a minute and transfer to a plate.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add marinara sauce, fresh green peas, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, chopped basil leaves, cooked vegetables and mix well. Taste-check for salt.
3.Transfer the pasta-vegetable mixture to a greased 8×8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top.
4. Preheat oven at 425 F. Bake the pasta for 20 – 25 minutes. Take it out of the oven and serve hot as is or with a crusty bread and some salad.