Frittata (Italian Sausage and Potato Frittata)
Ingredients (Serves 2 -3)
1. Olive oil – 1 tsp + 1 tbsp
2. Butter – 1 tbsp
3. Chicken sausage – 1 link (100 gm), cut into small pieces
4. Potato – 1 medium, cut into thin slices
Fresh green peas – 1/4 cup
5. Onion – 1/4 cup, chopped
Garlic – 1 medium, finely chopped
6. Eggs – 4
Milk – 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper – To taste
Parmesan cheese, grated – 2 + 2 – 3 tbsp, grated
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a cast iron pan or a pan with ovenproof handle. Fry sausage until done. Remove to a bowl. Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and saute onion and garlic for a minute. Next add thinly sliced potato, little salt, pepper powder and mix well. Cook until the potatoes are browned and done. Add green peas when potato is half-done. You can use a spatula to break it down into smaller pieces while cooking.
2. Meanwhile whisk eggs adding 2 tbsp milk, salt to taste, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and a pinch of pepper powder.
3. Add 1 tbsp butter to the cooked potatoes. Add cooked chicken sausage and mix well. Next add the egg mixture and gently mix everything in the pan. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes over low-medium heat until the bottom is browned and set. Sprinkle 2 – 3 tbsp parmesan cheese over the top. Transfer it to the oven and broil for 5 – 6 minutes until the top part is set (OR invert the frittata onto a plate and transfer back to the pan. Cook for a minute or two and switch off.) Take it out of the oven. Set aside for a few minutes. Cut into wedges and serve. Serve wedges right from pan or invert it onto a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.