My first time trying air fried chicken and the outcome was so good..and not to mention healthy and way lesser oil. I was so sceptical about buying air fryer though I heard rave reviews from friends. Finally got it 2 weeks back and now I am addicted. My husband and I have been experimenting many recipes these two weeks, successfully so far 😊
Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4)
- Chicken thighs, – 350 – 400 gm, cut into small pieces
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic-green chili, coarsely ground – 1 – 1.5 tbsp (Coarsely grind 1/2 inch ginger, 6 – 8 small cloves of garlic, 5 curry leaves and 1 green chili)
Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds, crushed – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Crushed red chili flakes – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – As required
- Oil (I used avocado oil) – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
Corn starch – 2 tsp
Rice flour – 1.5 tsp (I used idiyappam powder)
Soy sauce – 3/4 tsp (optional)
Yoghurt – 2 tsp (optional)
Salt – 1 pinch
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Garlic – 3 whole cloves, crushed
Green chilies – 1 – 2, sliced
- Lemon wedges – To serve
- Combine chicken pieces with all the other ingredients numbered 2. Keep refrigerated overnight or for at least 2 hrs.
- Take out the chicken 30 minutes before air frying. Add ingredients numbered 3 and mix well.
- Cook chicken at 400 F for 5 – 6 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for 3 – 4 minutes (timing depends on the size of the chicken pieces, mine took a total of 9 – 10 minutes.) Make sure you do not over crowd the air fryer. (The chicken can bee deep fried instead of air frying.)
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, green chilies and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat till garlic turns light golden. Add chicken pieces and stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes till nicely hot. Switch off the flame. Transfer to a serving plate. Squeeze lemon juice over the air fried chicken and serve immediately.
Looks good.. will try. Please add more airfryer recipes.
Sure, will do..
This looks amazing! I love that you have shared this recipe for authentic cuisine that uses the air fryer. I am looking forward to giving this a try.
This turned out fantastic! I’ll be adding this to my regular rotation!