- Basmati rice – 1.5 cup cooked and cooled (Makes about 4 cups cooked rice)
- 0nion – 1 small, chopped finely
- Green chilies – 3 – 4, chopped finely
- Finely chopped ginger – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing/asafoetida – 2-3 pinches
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Chana dal/Split Bengal gram – 2 tsp
- Urad dal/Split black gram – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig chopped
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Oil/ghee – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
1. In a wide or deep nonstick pan, heat oil ,splutter the mustard and cumin seeds, add the dry red chilies, urad dal, chana dal and the peanuts. When they turn light brown add onion, green chilies, ginger, curry leaves and salt.
2. When the onion turns transparent and soft, add hing and turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds and add the cooked rice, coriander leaves and mix well. Check for salt. Saute well for a few more minutes. Add lemon juice, mix well and remove from heat.
3. Serve hot with yogurt and any pickle.
Tastes yummy but I am left with two tsps of chopped ginger. 🙂
True that! All her recipes are great but most of the times the ingredients would disappear in the description.
Tried it..luved it!!!!