There are many health benefits to eating mushroom. Apart from adding a wonderful taste and meaty texture to food, mushroom also contain essential nutrients. They are a great source of phosphorous, magnesium, potassium and selenium, nutrients that are often lacking in highly processed food-diets. Also mushrooms contain virtually no fat or cholesterol, are low in sodium and are also a good source of fibre. Here’s a mushroom recipe that is easy to prepare and tasty too.
- Button Mushroom – 225 gm (Around 1.5 – 2 cups) cleaned and sliced
- Onion – 1/2 small, diced
- Bell pepper(green and red) – 1/2 cup, diced
- Green chilies – 2, sliced
- Coarsely ground pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chilli-garlic sauce or chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1-2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- 13. Oil – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add the sliced mushroom and salt. Saute and cook it at medium heat until cooked and water completely evaporates.
2. In the same pan, heat remaining oil and add onion, green chilies, garlic and ginger. When the onion is transparent, add the bell peppers and saute for a few minutes. Now add the pepper powder, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and chilli garlic sauce.
3. Finally add the cooked mushroom. Mix well, saute for 2-3 mts. You can add cornflour (1 tsp) in 1/4 warm water, boil and simmer a few minutes for a little gravy. Garnish with coriander leaves or spring onion. Switch off. Serve hot chilly mushroom with fried rice/or even chapathis.
Chilli Mushroom goes well with Chappathi.
I added some paneer at the end.
Please give me the recipe for chilly Chicken
Your all recipes are very easy.
tried it yday came good maya
I’ve made this recipe before and tried it again today. Realized I forgot to comment. It’s so easy and flavorful with mostly whatever is in hand. Home made Indo Chinese can sometimes taste off but this is perfect with just the right measurements. Thank you !
We will post the chilli chicken recipe soon..
Jyothi r das,
Glad to know that it came out well..Hope you will try out more of our recipes..
I tried it just now… Came out really well. Like Preets said I too added a few paneer cubes sauted with tomato sauce and vineger.
Thanks dear for the wonderful recipe 🙂
Please post chilli chicken receipe………
I am waiting for chilli chicken receipe.. hope you will post soon…
We are really sorry for not posting it yet. We have tried out many chilly chicken recipes but they dont come out as tasty as the restaurant style. We are waiting for that perfect recipe. We will surely post it soon.
Thanks Yummy Team….
your recipes are really good and tasty.. thanks.. and keep up the fabulous work
Thank you so much 🙂
Tried the chilli mushroom..it was so good with both fried rice and chapathi..
Came here thru google.
Nice site with lots of yummy recipes.
Do visit my blog too.
I made this dish today. It was awesome. Thanks, Maya for your wonderful recipe.
You’re welcome Arati! Great to know that you enjoyed this dish..Thanks for your feedback!