Fried rice is one of the most popular recipes in Asia. This is a versatile dish since you can use any combination of vegetables, meat or seafood that you like. My mother used to make it for us when we were kids and it was a treat for us. Every one have their own way of making fried rice. I got this basic recipe from vahrevah.com to which I have made a few changes. The best rice to make fried rice is left-over rice since each grain will be separate. This delicious dish is extremely easy to prepare. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, they should be crunchy. Kids will love it.
1. Cold cooked rice – 2.5 cups (I used basmati rice)
2. Chicken breast halves (skinless boneless) – 2, finely diced or cut into thin strips
3. Green bell pepper – 2 – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
4. Red bell pepper – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
5. Carrot – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
6. Beans – 2 tbsp, cut into thin rounds
7. Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
8. Garlic – 3 small, minced
9. Coarsely ground pepper – 1/2 tsp
10. Corn flour – 1/2 tsp
11. Soy sauce – 1.5 tsp or to taste
12. Vinegar – 1 tsp
13. Eggs – 2, beaten
14. Spring onion – 2, chopped
15. Celery – 1 stalk, chopped
16. Salt – To taste
17. Sugar – 1/4 tsp
18. Vegetable oil or butter – 1 – 2 tbsp
1) To the chicken pieces add 1 pinch pepper powder, egg white of 1 egg, salt and 1/2 tsp corn flour. Mix well. Shallow fry them in oil until done.
2) Heat 1 tbsp oil or butter in a wide pan. Add chopped garlic, onion and saute till onion turns light brown. Now add beans. Saute at high heat for a minute.
3) Add carrot and bell pepper. Saute for a few minutes at high heat. Add soy sauce, vinegar and mix well. Add the chicken pieces (you can chop the fried chicken pieces into smaller pieces if you want) . Mix well.
4) Now add rice and stir fry for a few minutes. Add sugar and mix well. Garnish with spring onion and celery. Check salt. Scramble the eggs in a separate pan and mix well with the rice. Serve hot.
1. Vegetarians can avoid egg and chicken.
2. Use left-over rice to make fried rice.
3. You can use other veggies like green peas, corn, broccoli, bean sprouts, babycorn, mushroom etc.
Looks so yummy.
I am raring to try these food items.
THanks for taking pain to blog about the dishes.
Thanks a lot for visiting our blog..Glad to know that you liked the recipes..Do not forget to put in your comments/suggestions if you try them..
Nice recipe…i like the way u have explained each n every step. I personally follow vah re vah for lot of recipes. Will definetely try out this recipe..
Thanks for taking time to visit our blog. I also used to follow Vah Re Vah earlier.
Tried it today. Very good 😀
Tried it today. Very good 😀
Thanks for trying it and letting us know! Please keep visiting..
rice looks so perfect and colourful..
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your lovely comment 🙂
lovely.. i am so inspired to cook this.. you have a great blog! 🙂
hey each time i cook this…it turns out to be perfect….. plus all the other dishes, like cauliflower poriyal…..chilli mushroom…. too good….i would love to see more baking stuff on ur blog…. thanks a lot…..
Thanks a lot for trying out all those dishes and really glad to hear that you loved all of them…We will surely post more bakes soon 🙂
First time here..Pictures are so professionbal..Love the step by step procedure
tried this recipe today . i liked it very much.thanks for the step by step procedure n photos – which is very different from other sites . keep going on.. best wishes !
Thanks a lot for your sweet words on our blog and also for trying this recipe and letting us know about it 🙂 Please keep visiting..
i am in love with this. i am makingg this every two days .. 😉
thank u soo much for the receipe
You’re welcome 🙂 Great to hear that you love this recipe..
Hi, I have made this fried rice many times and it has come out perfect every time.thanks for this fool proof recipe:).cheers,Priya
Thanks a ton for your feedback, Priya 🙂
Thanx for all recipes… Nowadays i am following only your blog.. All recipes are so yummy & delicious..
Thanks a lot for your lovely words..Hope you continue to enjoy our recipes..
Awesome recipe..Will try soon.
A great work. Thanks for the recipes. hope there will be additions soon. Got any suggestions for puddings (non oven baked).??..will be a great help.
Awesome recipes,tried al ur recipes,it came out well.thank u so much keep it up!!!!
Thanks Pinky! Hope you continue to enjoy my recipes..
Came out gr8
Hi….. Maya i made this chicken fried rice , it came out very well , it was absolutely tasty , every body liked it . Thank you very….much Maya . May God bless you and your wonderful family
Love this fried rice recipe Maya!!!
Easy to cook, simple steps and the end product is absolutely delicious!!!
I paired it with chilly chicken, and the combo vanished in no time when I served it to some guests yesterday .Thank you Maya!
I have tried many of your recipes it ‘s yummy.keep it up.