Ingredients ( Serves 2)
- Boneless chicken – 200 gm ( I used a chicken breast half)
- Green and red bell pepper – 1/2 cup each, sliced lengthwise
- Asparagus – 6 – 8, wash and trim the hard ends, cut into 1.5 inch segments
- Onion – 1/2 cup, sliced and chopped
- Garlic – 2 flakes, finely chopped
- Red chilly flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Chilly-garlic sauce or chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
- Corn starch – 2 – 3 tsp, mixed in 1/2 cup water
- Brown sugar / sugar – 1 tsp or as required to taste
- Fresh basil – To garnish ( I didn’t have it so added the dried one)
- Garlic salt / salt – As required
- Vegetable oil – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
1. Wash and cut the chicken into thin strips. Marinate it with 1.5 tsp soy sauce and a little salt for at least 30 mts in the refrigerator.
2. Heat a wide pan at medium – high heat. Add the chicken strips and stir-fry for about 6 – 7 minutes until they are cooked. Add chopped garlic and onion. Stir-fry for a few seconds and add asparagus and little salt. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Now add the chilly flakes and bell peppers. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until they are crisp tender. Bring down the heat to medium and add vinegar, soy sauce and chilly garlic sauce. Mix well. Add sugar and 1/2 cup corn flour in water (2 – 3 tsp corn flour mixed with 1/2 cup water). Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture thickens. Cover and cook for a minute. Open the lid and mix well. Season with garlic salt / salt. Switch off. Garnish with basil. Serve over hot rice.
1. Keep all the ingredients ready before you start cooking.
2. You can use any other veggies of your choice like carrot, broccoli, mushroom, baby corn, cabbage etc. Take care not to overcook the veggies. They should retain their crispness.