Scrambled eggs with roasted red potatoes
1. Eggs – 2
Water/milk – 1 tbsp
2. Butter / oil – 1.5 tsp
3. Shredded cheese – 1 tbsp
4. Salt and pepper – 1 pinch or As required to taste
5. Chopped chives (to garnish)
1. Whisk the eggs really well adding a tbsp of water.
2. Heat a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat, then add the butter and let it melt. Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring for 10 -15 seconds. Stir with a silicone spatula/ wooden spoon, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan towards the center, allowing the uncooked egg mixture to run under the part lifted. More stirring creates small curds (soft lumps) and less will make larger and fluffier curds.
3. When the eggs are 1/2 – 3/4 th done, add the shredded cheese. Continue to cook until it reaches your desired doneness or until the curds are firm and moist. The eggs will continue to cook a bit more because of the residual heat after they leave the pan. Season with salt and pepper just before switching off the stove. Be sure not to leave eggs on the heat too long as they can quickly overcook and become dry and rubbery. Sprinkle chopped chives (optional). Serve immediately with roasted potatoes and toast.
Roasted Red Potatoes
1. Red Potatoes – 2, washed, wiped and cubed
2. Olive oil – 2 – 3 tsp
Onion powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
Herbes de provence – 1/2 tsp (OR a pinch of dried rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley / any combination of herbs)
Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Preheat oven at 425 F.
2. Toss the cubed potatoes with all the other ingredients. Spread on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 F for 20 – 25 minutes (check after 15 – 20 minutes) or until potatoes are done and are light golden. Serve with scrambled eggs and toast.