Greek Chicken Pasta
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Pasta – 3 cups
2. Olive oil – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
3. Boneless chicken – 200 gm, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and pepper- To taste
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
4. Onion – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced and halved
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
5. Green bell pepper – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
6. Diced tomatoes / crushed tomatoes – 1 cup
7. Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
Dried oregano – 1/2 tsp
Italian seasoning – 1/4 tsp
Salt and pepper – To season
8. Artichoke hearts – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
Kalamata olives – 1/4 cup, sliced
9. Feta cheese, crumbled – 1/4 cup
10. Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp, finely chopped (Optional)
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions adding salt and 1 tsp olive oil, till al dente.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan at medium heat. Add chicken pieces, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. In the same pan (add more olive oil if required) at medium heat, add onion, garlic and little salt. Saute until onion turns soft. Add green bell pepper and saute for a minute. Next add diced tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes and then add artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the cooked chicken and mix well. Finally add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Mix well and switch off the stove. Top with feta cheese and mix well. Sprinkle some chopped parsley. Serve hot!