Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Chembu/ taro root – 6 small, peeled and sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Green chilies – 3, slit
Salt – To taste
Water – 1 cup or as required
- Kudam puli / gamboge – 1 or to taste , soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and torn into smaller pieces
- Shallots – 2 – 3 small, crushed
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Crush grated coconut along with cumin seeds. Set aside.
- Cover and cook taro adding all the ingredients numbered 2. Cook till taro is half cooked. Add kudam puli pieces. Cook covered till taro is completely done. Add crushed shallots and coconut mix. Cover and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Mix gently. Pour a tbsp of coconut oil and curry leaves. Switch off the flame. Serve with rice and other side-dishes.