Seafood Aglio E Olio
Seafood Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Mixed Seafood – 450 gm
Salt and pepper – As required
2. Spaghetti – 1/2 pound
3. Olive oil – 1 tbsp
4. Extra virgin olive oil (of good quality) – 3 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 8 medium-small cloves, cut into thin rounds
Crushed red chilly flakes – 1/2 – 3/4 tsp
5. Fresh Italian parsley – 3 – 4 tbsp, finely chopped
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until just done. Remove to a plate. Bring down the heat to low.
3. Add 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and garlic in the same pan. Cook over low heat until garlic turns light golden and fragrant. Add crushed chilly flakes and stir for a few seconds. Finally add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup hot pasta cooking water. Toss well using two spatula. Switch off. Add a tsp of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of pepper powder(optional), 1 tsp lemon juice and chopped parsley. Toss again. Serve immediately. You may sprinkle 3- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese while serving, but its completely optional.