Ingredients (Serves 4 ppl)
- Basmati rice – 1 cup, soaked for 30 minutes in enough water
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Saffron – 1 pinch
All spice powder – 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 pinch
- Chicken stock (I used maggi chicken stock cube) – 2 cups
- Salt – To tasteMethod1. Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes in enough water. Drain water and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute over low heat (do not brown). Add drained rice, chicken stock, turmeric powder, saffron, pepper powder and all spice powder. Bring to a boil. Taste check and add salt, if required. Cook covered over medium high flame for 3 – 4 minutes until water is mostly absorbed. Bring down the heat to low. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until water is competely absorbed. Open the lid, gently mix everything and keep covered for 15 minutes. Rice will be perfectly done. Sprinkle roasted nuts (pine nuts or almonds) or chopped fresh parsley, if available. Serve with chicken alfaham, kebabs etc.