Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Basmati rice – 1.5 cup
2. Sausage – About 3/4 – 1 cup, sliced to thin rounds
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
3. Crushed chilly flakes – 1 tsp
4. Mushroom – 3/4 cup, chopped
5. Green beans – 1/2 cup, sliced diagonally
6. Frozen green peas - 1/4 cup
7. Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
8. Salt – To taste
9. Olive oil – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
10. Cilantro and spring onion – 1 – 2 tbsp each, to garnish
1. Soak the rice for 15 mts. Cook until done. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan at medium-high heat. Add the sausage pieces and 1/2 tsp pepper powder. Stir-fry until they are no longer pink. Add mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add chilly flakes and green beans. Stir-fry for about 1 minute. The veggies should not be over-cooked, they should retain their crunch. Add green peas and stir-fry for 1 minute. Mix well. Add soy sauce, mix well and then add cooked rice. Taste-check for salt. Stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Sprinkle little sugar. Mix well. Garnish with chopped cilantro and spring onion. Serve hot as is or with ketchup.
1. Add any other veggies of your choice like Chinese broccoli, onion, carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts etc. You could also add scrambled eggs to this.
2. You can replace sausage with shrimp, chicken or beef. Also you can add about 1 – 2 tsp green chilly sauce along with the soy sauce.
this is just fantastic..i am sure my kids will thank me for this!
my kids favourite…. i too make this but without mushrooms….
Too yummy fried rice!!!
Yummy and perfect looking fried rice
Rice looks so perfect n yum ….
Delicious fried rice, inviting..
Delicious and perfect fried rice.
What a delicious looking fried rice!
delicious and very inviting fried rice !!
Wow delicious..adipoli rice dear,looks inviting.
Delicious looking fried rice. Looks great !!
Yummy fried rice!!!
Vegetable fried rice with addition of meat looks awesome.
looks perfect and delicious dear…
will soon try this out 🙂
We don’t have sausages…but looks yummy!
perfect fried rice!!yum yum!
I love this gal!!! yummy yumm!!!
looks so yummy and delicious..perfect to win my son’s heart.
Perfect fried rice analo, eduthu kazhikan thonanund ketto 🙂
This looks really good! And a one-pot meal that can be cooked in a jiffy… love the addition of sausages.
superb fried rice….loved it…:)
Want to try this tommorow..one doubt regarding the mushrooms…The mushrooms don’t have to be cooked?? stir fry it for just one minute?? will be still raw, right?? Pls do clarify, Maya.
Chopped mushrooms wont take a long time to cook. If you stir-fry it for a longer time, water will start to ooze out of it. Also we continue to stir-fry it after greeen beans and the other ingredients are added so it should be enough! Hope you like this recipe!
Thank you for the quick reply..Yes Maya..the mushrooms got cooked..dish came out well..the only issue I had was with the rice getting little mashed..it didn’t look as fluffy and “seperate” as yours…I have this problem whenever I cook rice seperately and then add it later..like for lemon rice etc…The basmati rice gets mashed WHEN I MIX it with the other ingredients..Would be great if you could offer me tips on this…Thanks so much.